Glass/Ghost Catfish owners!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have any of you ever used aquarium salt, and how do these fishies respond?

I haven't used any in the tank mine are in, but I have used it with my other catfish and they've been fine. I dunno. You may want to use a half dose of aquarium salt to start to see how they respond. They shouldn't be any different than other catfish.. :/

Yep. But some catfish live in water of higher salinity, and I'm not sure about the ghost cats.
They should be fine.

Yep. But some catfish live in water of higher salinity, and I'm not sure about the ghost cats.
They should be fine.

No. Not all catfish don't have scales: plecos, otos, cories and a few others have scales.

I've had experience...with them dieing. I couldn't keep them alive for longer than a month or two for some reason. Neat fish. I know they're schooling and a lot of people are better at keeping them than me. They turn white when they die btw lol.

I have two glass cats. And IME they do fine with a regular dose of aquarium salt I put the salt in slowly though. About two days. Little by little.

Mine are surviving and thriving fine. Maybe your water parameters were wrong.

Okay, thanks Luna. I plan on doing a half-dose and only with PWC water.

Good call. I use aquarium salt, the reccomended dosing, and mine do fine

Okay, thank you! I just put a tiny bit in today, and they seem good so far. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom