Glass lid on Planted Tank aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kunthan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

The amount of Water that evaporate in My aquarium is really huge this days, i have to top up with water daily to check the level, for example i lose nearlly 15-20L of water in 2 days.

Any idea of using Glass lid to reduce this, I am aware that blocking evaporate will have negative effect.

To reduce the heat from the 4T5 52W bulb i have placed it 10 inch away from water surface. i wish to reduce the level as the light is to far away. ( light is inside a Canopy painted with White paint )

Please Advise....:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Petco sells glass lid for various aquarium sizes that just sit on the tank and are clear. Very simple, not very expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're losing 15-20 L every two days?! Wow that is a lot. How large is your tank? Glass lid should cut down on this. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank Details:- Length:48 Hight:24 Width:18

Bec of this i removed my 4Feet to 1 Feet Sump and came back to Canister filter...

Should i need to Close Completly of lave some hole in random place ????

Tank Details:- Length:48 Hight:24 Width:18

Bec of this i removed my 4Feet to 1 Feet Sump and came back to Canister filter...

Should i need to Close Completly of lave some hole in random place ????

That's the footprint of a 75/90g. Standard size that should be easy to find something for. The petco lids have (optional) plastic for the back inch and a half that you can cut notches on to accommodate filters, cords, etc

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glass lids will help a lot but you will have to worry about oxygenation. Just make sure that irs not a toght fit and you should be okay

@ImACoolguy CAn you Share a pic of your Tank, So i can Get a Idea out to work on mine...

Back
Top Bottom