Glo-light Zebra Dainos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Are these as cool as they look? Any news on when they will be available in CA?

I saw some at my LFS about 6 months ago and they were selling them for $5.99
but since then I haven't seen any.

Yeah, thats what I mean. What a joke. Thanks CA for protecting me from those dangerous fish :x

I agree with Roger. My lfs gets them from time to time and they aren't that impressive. Certainly nothing like the pics you see of them in magazines.

Your not really missing much with them. I bouthg three for my girlfriends tank and they dont even really seem all that bright. Good thing Cali is looking out for you and protecting you from these horrible fish!!!

They only look bright under actinic or black lighting, which makes the rest of the tank look bad.
And at $5.99, you're lucky! The LFS's here sell for $10.99 each!

I'm unimpressed by the appearance, though the science behind it is rather interesting.

Agreed with Malkore. They only look "cool" under the proper lighting, and even then they are really not any more impressive than a nicely colored Cardinal Tetra or the like. :)

Also:
megos1 said:
i've never seen them....sry
Really? I am trying to figure out exactly why you felt the need to reply and add this "advice."

Fish Surgeon said:
Also:
megos1 said:
i've never seen them....sry
Really? I am trying to figure out exactly why you felt the need to reply and add this "advice."

Ya know, I'm beginning to think people are getting a bit to sensitive about things like this. This is a discussion forum, while many unnecessary posts are very annoying, occasionally a post like the one quoted is not as unnecessary as you think. This board receives ALOT of traffic and in the two hours before the quoted post, I'm sure this post got knocked off the front page. That post (if nothing else) served to bump it back up to the top. If you'll notice the times, the original post was 2 hours before the quoted post and only a coupl;e of minutes after the quoted post more helpful answers started rolling in.

So why don't we lighten up a bit and try for some more tolerance, it's a discusion forum, I discuss useless things all the time, however I'm sure everything some of you say is totally relevant at all times ;)

I like regular zebra danios but do not like the glo-lights at all. I don't see why anyone would like them, but that's just me.

reefrunner69 said:
That post (if nothing else) served to bump it back up to the top.
Maybe so, but I think the root problem is the rank system you have here. Some people post for the sake of posting just so they can bump themselves up ranks and get themselves "more fish" (icons). A system like that cries out for what is called "post whoring."

The "kudos" system I think is great, though.

i sense tension...

completey agree with the unimpressiveness
but if you've seen the bill nye version (heh heh) it looks a lot more intriguing and interesting

Just about every BBS software has a 'member ranking system' that can't be disabled.
As for 'post whoring'...when the Advisor's see it, we discuss it, and PM the 'offender'. That's our job...not yours.
If you think someone is doing it and abusing it, PM an advisor, or report the post, and let us handle it.

Back
Top Bottom