glob of something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilson

Aquarium Advice Freak
there is wat looks like a black and clear silicone in the bottom of my tank, it wont affect my fish will it. i am going to wash it out and stuff but that wont come off. oi am going rto be moving my goldfish from there tank that is too msall for them into this one(around 20 gallons)

Which tank has the goo? Have you tried to clean it and it is stuck? When did the slime appear? Does it appear to be growing? Does it change colors?

o there is no slime, its just silicone. the new tank has it, i think its silicon, i tried to scrape it off wiht my fingers but i wouldnt come off, i rinsed it out too. its not growing, no colour change. it was on the bottom of the tnak as i pulled it out of the box. i never even thought to look at the rpice for the tank, but when i ogt home it was 69.99, i was like holy cow, i knew wher i could get one even cheaper, but wats doen is done lol. do u think my fish will be fine.

I agree with Brent--if it is just silicone. Don't pull at it or try to remove it! If the tank leaks and the LFS sees the tank has been altered, your warranty will be void :(
$70 for a 20 gal tank!! Did this include a top and light?

no. i know thats wat i said when i got it home. i didnt even notice how much it was cuz i got it with a bunch of other stuff.

You can still return it--that's a lot of money and you need to still buy the cover and lights for your fish, plus substrate, filter, water test kits....

o i already have a coer, light, substrate, filter, heater, thermometer. i am using all this stuff from my old tank(also 20g but was coming apart at seams). so i dont need to buy anything else for it. i jsut have to go finish siphoning water and iu willb e done.

i also forgot to mention that it was a privatley owned store and the owner gave me some discounts because they are movin soon,so it all kind of evened out i guess

Back
Top Bottom