Glofish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmm, that i didn't know. I figured they needed to be in groups, but I didn't know about that 20G part.
Both my friend and i have 10 gallons. I'm hoping to upgrade at some point. I've become addicted to aquarium life. :) My little 10 and 1 gallon tanks just aren't cutting it any more. LOL

hmmm, that i didn't know. I figured they needed to be in groups, but I didn't know about that 20G part.
Both my friend and i have 10 gallons. I'm hoping to upgrade at some point. I've become addicted to aquarium life. :) My little 10 and 1 gallon tanks just aren't cutting it any more. LOL

silverrose11436 said:

What's in the one gallon? *Don't say a Betta, don't say a Betta!*.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

now i'm wondering what to do with the little guy...obviously our tanks are too small for him to be happy...hmmm

actually right now nothing. I got it as a christmas gift for my son this year, but I quickly got bored with it and less than a month later got him the 10 gallon tank. (which we both know is really my project but it gives him something to look at since he loves fishies). I broke down the 1 gallon until my friend called saying she couldn't keep the glofish in her tank anymore...know i'm wondering what to do. I worked very hard to keep the 2 fish i have in my main alive after a recent ich attack, so i don't want to put him in there with them if he's going to terrorize them.

Hmm. Not sure what to do. Go out and buy a new tank? Lol, I know that wouldn't work if you don't have lots of money ready to just get another setup! Lol.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

I'm saving up for another set up! I do have a birthday coming up...maybe i can get a couple gift certificates to a LFS to get my new tank. :) I've been searching freecycle and craigslist (though CL not popular down in my neck of the woods). I had replied to a 55 gallon on freecycle but they never responded. :( guess i was too late, lol...for now i keep looking.

Yup, they didn't want them released in the lakes and cause a problem/imbalance to the ecosystem.

Just keep checking those used one. You will come across one soon enough.

Do you have a Petsmart near you? I was just in both my local Petco and my local Petsmart this week. Petco had them for $5.99 while Petsmart had them for just $3.

I'm jealous! I want a school of 7 from my m&p lfs but at 7.99 a peice, it will cost me 56 bucks!! :(

siva said:
I'm jealous! I want a school of 7 from my m&p lfs but at 7.99 a peice, it will cost me 56 bucks!! :(

You're jealous? At least you have the option of getting them, as itsgracia pointed out, in CA we don't even get the option to overpay for them :(.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

I had 4 glofish in my tank and the are great. They dont chase or nib at any of my other fish. I love my glofish at night cause i have a black light on my tank its cool looking.

Firebird23 said:
I had 4 glofish in my tank and the are great. They dont chase or nib at any of my other fish. I love my glofish at night cause i have a black light on my tank its cool looking.

Lucky you! That's exactly what I want to do.

i have a 29 gal tank. I be putting pics of my tank up soon waiting for my camera battery to charge. lol

You're jealous? At least you have the option of getting them, as itsgracia pointed out, in CA we don't even get the option to overpay for them :(.

Well if you ever cross over to OR you should grab some ;)

They'd love to be in a school! You should add 3 more :D

Back
Top Bottom