Glofish bullies pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pleco that is about 2 1/2 inches and a few glofish, a platy, and a tetra. The pleco loves eating the zucchini algea waters but a large, greedy glofish is always nipping at him because for some reason my glofish loves eating the wafer and the pleco still doesn't defend himself. Is it normal for non bottom-feeding fish to eat algea wafers? And my platy is always chasing the greedy glofish, aggravating him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 126
I have a pleco that is about 2 1/2 inches and a few glofish, a platy, and a tetra. The pleco loves eating the zucchini algea waters but a large, greedy glofish is always nipping at him because for some reason my glofish loves eating the wafer and the pleco still doesn't defend himself. Is it normal for non bottom-feeding fish to eat algea wafers? And my platy is always chasing the greedy glofish, aggravating him.

I have some red cherry shrimp that feed on algea wafers and have 4 guppys and 4 glofish my fish will eat the wafers so its not uncommon also one of my glofish chase the other glofish and guppys out from between the two plants I have thats his spot I would just watch them if it gets to be an issue id say possibly get rid of the glofish if it is affecting the life of other fish

Ok thank you. I think they Are just overcrowded and I really need to get rid of a few but I got them before knowing I was overcrowding and don't want to get rid of any

All my fish love the algae wafers. I doubt my plecos have ever managed even a nibble off them. I use plec pellets to try get some food into the plecs (and distract the other fish with a wafer (ha ha!!)

Attachments

• image-1693162265.jpg
    image-1693162265.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 99
Haha that's awesome. I haven't seen plec pellets yet. I'll look for those.

It's normal. Even my bettas will nibble on the algae wafers. Drop in the wafer after the lights go out. The Pleco should have a better shot at it, and it's more natural for him to feed then.

Back
Top Bottom