Glue in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to use my hot glue gun to glue a few rocks together to make a small arch or cave, would the super glue harm the water or fish if I put it in there?

I want to use my hot glue gun to glue a few rocks together to make a small arch or cave, would the super glue harm the water or fish if I put it in there?

I think I've read somewhere the glue in glue guns is safe. I just used aquarium safe silicone.

Where could I get this silicone ?

Hardware store will have aquarium safe, and pet store. Google about the glue gun a bit more though. Because it would probably save you some money. It was 4.99 at the hardware store, 5.99 at the pet store but the pet store tube was easier to work with, it didn't crack and leak silicone like the hardware store one did.

Hardware store will have aquarium safe, and pet store. Google about the glue gun a bit more though. Because it would probably save you some money. It was 4.99 at the hardware store, 5.99 at the pet store but the pet store tube was easier to work with, it didn't crack and leak silicone like the hardware store one did.

Glue gun glue will be fine. As long as its dry when put in the tank. I used some for my own tanks and didn't notice anything out of whack.

Glue gun glue will be fine. As long as its dry when put in the tank. I used some for my own tanks and didn't notice anything out of whack.

How long has it been in there? I've read online that it can eventually break down and release toxins? Idk if that's true though? Just making sure!

How long has it been in there? I've read online that it can eventually break down and release toxins? Idk if that's true though? Just making sure!

Its been about a year. Top fin even uses some on their decorations not sure if its special or not though

Back
Top Bottom