Going away, Automatic feeders any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiesto643

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

I'm going away for 3 weeks over Xmas and been planning what to do about the fish. I've got a timer for the light. Last month I did a test with no water changes for 3 weeks, and seemed to go fine without any issues showing in water tests. I got a bubbler which I thought may help with oxygen if the water gets a little too dirty.

But feeding i cant decide, Anyone had any experience with automatic feeders? Was thinking of getting one and testing for a few weeks.

If you can afford $20-$50 for a few visits from a petsitter you can find one through the Petsitters International website www.petsit.com

My sitter in California charges $20 for a visit up to an hour and will test the water and do a PWC with all the steps I write down for them. Then they observe and feed the fish, take care of cats and get the mail/water the plants! All for $20!

Get a bonded and insured petsitter, they are working for your referrals and in my experience are worth trusting! They love your pets and deter robbers or identity thieves going through your mail.

Or find a neighbors kid, I use to petsit up and down the block.

I use an automatic feeder on my 55 gallon tank at home. I have had the tank go a whole month without touching it. It works really well. Just put the food in and have it dump onto something so you dial in how much you want to dump. I solely use the automatic feeder for this tank

Back
Top Bottom