Going natural?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I upgraded from a 10 and 5 gallon with glofish to a 55 gallon with the same 13 glofish that I raised (literally from eggs). I also have 3 Otocinclus and some red cherry shrimp.

My goal is to have a very natural and low - medium light planted tank. I ordered the 8 piece set of Malaysian driftwood to add to the few pieces of petco bought driftwood in my tank already and I currently have two wisteria plants and some ludwigia. Once I get the driftwood and boil it all (probably in a crawfish pot), I will remove fake rocks and plants from the tank and set in the wood.

I want to get the 48"-60" Current USA Satellite+ Freshwater LED lights so I will be able to grow plants. I also want to get the 24 plant assortment of Hardy-Low light plants from aquariumplants.com. I would also like to get the fluval 406 canister filter because right now I am using the filter the 55g starter kit came with and two AC 30's I had.

My concern is that after doing all this too try to make a very natural looking tank will my red, green, purple, and orange glofish just completely throw off everything natural about this tank?

I really want Rainbowfish and Denison Barbs(rose lined shark).

Here is a pic of my tank currently. Any advice or recommendations would help. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 115
Or your red, green, purple, and orange glofish will be very easy to spot in your natural tank.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Let them live out their lives in their nice new home, add add a small school of the barbs and/or rainbows until you're stocked. AqAdvisor should help to see how many you can add (with growing plants you can head to the high end of stocking). Good luck!

I will. They sure love their big new tank. Do all those plans sound like good plans? Anything I can get or do to help me not mess anything up or spend too much money?

As I'm not familiar with LED lights, I can't comment on that. Wisteria and ludwigia need more lights than typical low-light plants like java ferns and anubias, but the latter will do fine in good light. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on the light you want will chime in with advice. You can also always do some research on the Planted Tanks section or repost there.

The current USA led you want will suffice for low light plants. For mid to high a cheap $60 t-5 ho fixture from amazon will do wonders. The current fixture is really cool though because of all of the different affects you can add. What plants will be in the plant package ANC what fertilizers will you be dosing if you do?

I think it is different Java's, Anubias, Heterophylla, Bolbitis, and cyperus helferi.

I will probably get seachem Flourish for macro supplements, some flourish tabs for the sand, and seachem flourish trace elements. That current usa Sat+ puts out 6500K.

Back
Top Bottom