Going planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newkeeperotis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys

I'm thinking to get some real plants for my tank as I currently only have a moss ball what would u recommend and y and how should I help them grow and thrive as other live plants I've had have just died

I'd suggest water wisteria, vallisneria and java fern, all because they're easy to grow

Get some annubias, tie it down on a rock or piece of driftwood and it will grow.

No ferts or special lights required

Also I currently have a t5 light unit with a power glow light and a aqua glow light would these be okay for live plants also what about amazon sword I hear lots of good things about it

Yeah the amazon swords are nice

They even have a "red" variety

Red Rubin Sword - Echinodorus horemanii x barthii
^full name

Strange no one seems to be offering you advice on aquarium advice keep in mind that I'm a novice you could try some java fern I have it in both my tanks with low light and no frets and it grows like crazy also ocelot sword and java moss have been working out really well but I don't know if that's the case for everyone or just beginners luck

Yes amazon swords are heavy root feeders and will need root tabs for fertilization. Also add a liquid fertilizer for your other plants. Wisteria, java fern, anubias, amazon sword, hornwort, java moss, crypt wenditi, and temple (aka giant water hydro) will all grow fast and easily in your tank.

You could do cambomba that stuff grows like crazy in my tanks...and I have heard torta Val grows pretty quick as well I'm sure it would do good in your tank

First off are the T5's NO or HO? That makes a big difference. Also what size it the tank and it's depth? This info is needed in order to suggest plants that will grow in your tank well with your lighting.

Back
Top Bottom