GOing to the lfs need advice quickly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m0stUniQue

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a gold gourami in my 29 gallon along with two small angels 2 neons moving up to 5 tomorrow and two med size tetras that school with neons odd enough. Anyway I received a new platy and the gourami fin nipped it to death and is starting to bully the other fish he's going back tomorrow:banghead: bad decision impulse buy live and learn right. Anyway with my stocking plan can i keep a betta, prefferably male otherwise would single fish would you recommend and im going to make sure i get some seeding material to stop any mini cycles. Whatever you can think of under 7$ can be a group fish too just small and under groups of 3 Long I know but lemme know.
Thanks,
Troy

I wouldn't keep a betta with angelfish- not because I don't think you can keep a betta in a community tank, but because I think angelfish will be too aggressive for it. As far as recommending a single fish, I suggest a dwarf cichlid like a ram, krib, or apistogramma. At that point, I'd call it stocked. A 29 gallon is a bare minimum for 2 angels IMO. I've you've ever kept an angel that grew all the way to adult size, you'll know what I mean. :)

Yeah I was thinking about something along that line. And yeah I know they get big and right now they're super small too small to eat bloodworms lol. Yeah i was thinking a gbr but didn't really feel like spending 10 dollars on one. And yeah ill look for a single cichlid. Can I keep just one ram cause the lfs employee said groups of 2. Thanks
Troy

m0stUniQue said:
Yeah I was thinking about something along that line. And yeah I know they get big and right now they're super small too small to eat bloodworms lol. Yeah i was thinking a gbr but didn't really feel like spending 10 dollars on one. And yeah ill look for a single cichlid. Can I keep just one ram cause the lfs employee said groups of 2. Thanks
Troy

No, you can keep a GBR singly, as with most cichlids.

Yeah thanks lfs employee just wanted a 20 buck sale and not 10 besides the ram which i love which other cichlid could I get,
Thanks Again
Troy

Back
Top Bottom