Gold and Regular White Cloud Mountain Minnows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,
I've just bought, four days ago, nine regular white cloud mountain minnows and I'm loving them already. They are so much fun!

I'm planning on moving them to my home pond 500lts (132gal) so they can breed and enjoy summer over here.

The thing is I want to buy some gold ones, firstly cause I find them beautiful and secondly cause now there are some of them available at a local pet store. Trust me, they are not easy to find in my area.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you can help me find information about inheritance or genes involved cause I would love to know what colors I'll get in their offsprings and I could not find anything whatsoever online!!

Looking forward to hearing from you, and your advices regarding my new little friends lol :fish2:

Well, there are at least two species of White Cloud Mountain Minnows in the aquarium trade, but the literature is not all that clear. One species is Tanichthys micagemmae and the other Tanichthys albonube. If the gold ones are actually a different species than the ones you have, they should not interbreed.

Back
Top Bottom