Gold Gourami/Bolivian Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savage

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey All- I have a 55g, heavily planted with 3pcs of driftwood, a dual cave piece of lava rock and black blasting sand. Current stock is one albino long-finned bristlenose pleco, six albino cory cats, eleven serpae tetra, two amano shrimp and one gold gourami. It's a great tank with no issues. So I'm wondering what you all think of adding either one or three bolivian rams? The piece of lava rock has two caves, but I would probably go ahead and add another form of cave rock to give them a choice. I've tried to research this, but its been hard to come up with anything specific to the gourami and the rams. Appreciate the feedback.

From my experience with gouramis and rams, I would advise against mixing these fish especially if either are breeding as both are very territorial. I had a pair of red dwarf gouramis and the male was very vicious to the female. When I added a pair of GBR it was like world war 3, they did not stop attacking each other and within an hour I had to remove the gouramis as they were not good community fish. The 2 GBR are now my favourite fish and are excellent community fish that are fun to watch. Hope this helps

It does, thank you. I'm wanting some rams pretty bad, but I was thinking that gourami would be an issue. I've read about a lot of success with DG's and Rams, but none with three spots. Thanks again for the quick reply!

Back
Top Bottom