Gold Gourami question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ItzKyle87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a gold Gourami in my 75 gal tank.. he’s not completely new to the tank, I’ve had him at least a couple months. I’ve noticed the last couple days he occasionally has been hanging out at the bottom of the tank (generally in cover, behind the plants or under the rock structure). But he isn’t inactive all day... it’s only periodically he does this (where he didn’t before the last few days). He still has no shortage of appetite, still always eats when I put food in. And he still swims right up to me when I walk up to the tank. Which made me think he may be stressed over something? I’ve checked the water parameters, and they aren’t off. Any ideas? If it’s stress, what kind of things can I do to help him out?

Update: he seems to be in better spirits today... not zipping across the tank yet but so far has been less in active periods. He’s got me stumped, he eats fine, no physical damage to fins or gils, he definitely doesn’t get bullied by anyone, if anything he usually does the chasing (more around feeding time). I’m partially wondering if it’s a dieting thing? I rotate between feeding them Omega One Blood worms and some API tropics flakes. I did just pick up some higher quality foods today to try out... Tetramin tropical flakes and Hikari micro pellets.

Back
Top Bottom