gold gourami with kissing??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I have a gold gourami in my 29L. Last month my sister inlaws father passed away and they are giving me his tank and fish. I don't have room to hook up the other tank so I was going to keep the fish in my other tanks I have going. My issue is the only tank I have room for this kissing gourami has a gold gourami in it and I tried to put a blue one with her last week with no success. The kissing gourami id 6 yrs old and needs a good home please help as my nieces love this fish and its all they have from him so id like to keep it for them. Thank you for any advice.

Already, you are overstocked with one gold gourami inside. How big is the other tank? They need at least 20 gallons to themselves, so it's not surprising they can't co-habit. You should probably get a new tank(20 gallons), or re-home the gold gourami and temporarily shelter the kissing gourami.

Although kissers CAN get to 12 inches it's pretty rare to see that in captivity. Regardless though, a 29 would probably not be good to put 2 gouramis in.

Back
Top Bottom