Gold Mystery Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerrinne

Aquarium Advice Freak
I happened to pick up two today. My questions are:

1) Should I split them up - one in each tank? Or keep them together in one tank? (for my tanks see sig)

2) Do I need to do anything special for them? I have algae wafers to supplement diet.

3) Do you quarantine snails like you do fish?

Thanks!

My bad...::looked at the bag again:: I looked at so many snails today, I got the name mixed up. I just remember the black mystery's were huge! Anyway, I'm sorry. They are golden apple snails. I did ask for snails that were plant friendly...so I hope this is true? They're hanging out in my old betta bowl right now that I set up for them. Already munching down on the tiny wafers I dropped in.

I recommend 1 snail in each tank. Apple snails are NOT asexual, and therefore, unless you already have a carrying apple snail, you will prevent an infestation, and that's what it becomes.

They'll pretty much feed off algae and left over food, but an algae wafer may be enjoyed on occasion, but not too often.

No, you don't need to quarantine them IME.

My apple snail loves algae wafer, shrimp pellets and everyhing else in the tank.
He's about 1.5" across and eats about the same amount as my goldie.

Back
Top Bottom