Gold Nugget Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TJs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I'm in the Columbus Ohio area and been searching relentlessly for an (L-018) Gold Nugget with no success. I could go online but I hate the thought of paying the $20-$30 shipping with no real guarantee the fish will arrive in good/healthy condition. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good breeder in Ohio that I could contact or any other advice for finding a Gold Nugget. Any help is appreciated.

That was supposed to be L- 0 1 8 don't know why it added that smiley

They ALL just tell me that they order them when they are available but haven't been available on their list lately.

Have you tried aquarium adventure?

Last time I was there they had a lot of the more rare plecos but I don't remember if a gold nugget was there.

Their prices are kind of outrageous, Half the time it's cheaper to order online, on aquabid a lot of sellers will put an LAG guarentee on their shipments but you would have to pay to reship if you did have one

Yeah that was the first place I checked, just because of their selection about a week ago. When I checked yesterday they said they had a few about a month ago. Unfortunately I wasn't as proactive in trying to find one a month ago. I was hoping maybe someone knew of a local breeder that's not really advertised.

Look up Bigfish99 on here.

He's up in the east Cleveland area but knows a breeder of L183's so I figure he probably knows some others as well.

You could also check with the nearby aquarium clubs go to a couple meetings and ask if anyone knows of a breeder of rarer plecos.

Oh, there's also a guy in southern Ohio that breeds starlights for sure, he may have a few other species, it's about 45 min south from zanesville I think, I can ask him about it if you'd like, he has a band that plays in the zanesville area quite often and you could probably arrange a meet up there if he has any of them

Yeah I'd appreciate that. I did get on aquabid and found a good priced one from a guy with good reviews. The problem is, I've never used the site before so now I'm waiting to get a password just to try to get the one that's on there.

Back
Top Bottom