Gold nugget pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe it was actually the leopard pleco. I have a royal pleco in with 10 tiger barbs and they haven't even gone near him. He's been in their tank for almost a year and they've never gone after him. When there's two plecos in the same tank they generally tend to fight over every thing, try putting lots and lots of caves, driftwood and food for them in the tank. Give em a little while and maybe he'll get used to him but as far as I know plecos should be kept singly, unless they're in real big tankS with enough food and territory for both.

Yea maybe a little haha is there anything that 100% definitely won't harm them or the fry?

Oh yea definetly! The fry are what 1/4 inch? Alot of things would be safe! How aggressive are GNs? Before I make suggestions I need to be sure they will be safe.

They can tend to be more aggressive then most other plecos

Ok I was gonna suggest scarlet badis because the size difference would be really cool. Lol not a good idea. Neon tetras, glowlight tetras, zebra danios, and such. The GN wouldnt hurt them would it?

I don't believe they would, but my sailfin pleco that's in the tank with the GN right now was a notorious Otto eater haha I'm not sure if it would be the same with the GN with small fish like neons

I don't believe they would, but my sailfin pleco that's in the tank with the GN right now was a notorious Otto eater haha I'm not sure if it would be the same with the GN with small fish like neons

Oh wow! That is funny! I just got this mental image of a poor innocent otto getting sucked into a giant pleco mouth! Lol these guys arent so sedentary so hopefully they would be ok.

Back
Top Bottom