Gold wonder killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalheadx

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I would like to learn more about the gold wonder killifish , I picked up one tonight and want to know others experience with them besides what I have researched . Thanks in advance ! ! !

i own two in my 36 gallon bow front. they are very social and i recommend pairing them as one male and one female. they do well with fish their same size. for instance, i keep mine with rainbows and a gourami also corys and otos. however, i do not recommend small fish. one of my killies mistook an oto for food one day and killed it in its mouth. so it has learned not to eat otos. so i do not recommend this. they are very curious fish and love finding food. i recommend frozen blood worms and flakes. also alot of people keep them in ten gallons i recommend 20 or more because of their adult size of 2.5-3 inches.

Can be prone to jumping, so I wouldn't recommend keeping them in an open topped tank. They will eat as much food as you'll feed them and in its absence aren't afraid to eat some of the more delicate types of aquarium plants. I fed mine NLS and their colours were dazzling within a few weeks of doing so. Mine grew very fast as well.

I'd recommend keeping two females for one male because some males will run a single female absolutely ragged. If you decide to pick up a few more, be wary of deformities. Most GWK stock I see hav a fair amount of spinal deformities mixed in with the healthy fish.

Fishkeeper88 said:
i own two in my 36 gallon bow front. they are very social and i recommend pairing them as one male and one female. they do well with fish their same size. for instance, i keep mine with rainbows and a gourami also corys and otos. however, i do not recommend small fish. one of my killies mistook an oto for food one day and killed it in its mouth. so it has learned not to eat otos. so i do not recommend this. they are very curious fish and love finding food. i recommend frozen blood worms and flakes. also alot of people keep them in ten gallons i recommend 20 or more because of their adult size of 2.5-3 inches.

K cool i think mine is a male , and he is in a 40 breeder size tank , the only small fish I have are 3 jumbo neon tetras , I'm not to fond on them anyway and may rehome the tetras soon , the only worry I had when I got it that it my be aggressive with my albino rainbow shark . He seems to be a calm fish for now.

The adults I have seen are more like 4 inches. I agree they are social, so I would recommend getting a few friends for yours in the ratio of several females per male. Personally, I would recommend a 20 long at least. They do indeed eat smaller tankmates, so beware of fish that can fit into their mouths. They are very curious and I agree they are accomplished jumpers. :)

Back
Top Bottom