Golden apple snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have 3 small golden apple snails in my 8 gallon cleaning massive amounts of algae off they have removed 80% off in three days! When my new tank 16 g grows algae I will transfer 2 into this tank. But what can I feed them if they run out of algae I've tried lettuce but the don't like it.

Try algae wafers. They may eat the veggies when they get hungry enough? But the wafer would be my first choice.

You sure thoes are golden apple snails? The lfs said there invasive and can't get em. Any how thoes are sweet. They get kinda big. Mine would come up to the top and kinda peal back and I could put alge flakes rite in its mouth. It was the coolest thing ever.

My apple snails like cucumber & cooked peas without the skin, they also eat pellets as well.

You do know of they are apple snails, they will breed I you have a male and a female ( or a seeded female) they lay eggs of 100-200 above the waterline. I feed my apple snails cucumbers , just cut a small piece off and rinse well. Ven off it floats they will still sense it and go to It. Just make sure not to cut too bi of a piece because it wasn't make the water cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom