Golden gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cronus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have only noticed recently that one of my Gouramis, has an oddly shaped mouth. I've tried to take a photo but he is just a little shy. Bottom lip doesn't seem to line up with upper lip like a jaw being dislocated an shoved over to one side. My question is, will this have long term health problems my Gourami? At present he seems fine but just want make sure :)

image-982784657.jpg

image-3807604728.jpg

These are probably the best shots I could get, he keeps dashing away in front of the camera....

If it is genetically acquired he should be okay, as long as he can eat. If it's a result of an injury or disease, then monitor him carefully and treat accordingly. Look into Flexibacter columnaris as a possibility.

What other fishes are in the tank?

David

There is a dwarf gourami, rainbow shark, 4 harlequin raspboras (saved from a friends tank) a couple of bala sharks and an altum angelfish. They all seem to get along fine in a 35 gallon. So far my golden gourami doesn't seem to have any problems at feeding time

Lots of fish sharing the same water column here. Not saying this is an aggression issue, but just keep an eye on them, especially the angelfish.

David

There is a dwarf gourami, rainbow shark, 4 harlequin raspboras (saved from a friends tank) a couple of bala sharks and an altum angelfish. They all seem to get along fine in a 35 gallon. So far my golden gourami doesn't seem to have any problems at feeding time

Do you have plans on rehoming some of those fish in the near future? Specifically the bala sharks?

Do you have plans on rehoming some of those fish in the near future? Specifically the bala sharks?

Definitely getting a 110g in a couple of months to move my cichlids into and will move the bala sharks into the 75g. My Oscar has almost doubled in size since getting him a month or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom