Golden White Clouds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I went to the LFS and picked up 6 golden white clouds! Really neat fish, my serpae actually seem to really like them too.

Anyone have any expirence with these guys? I have a tropical tank and I know white clouds prefer cooler water but the LFS said they can range in temp. thinking about bring the temp down to about 78 degrees would that work for them and my ram? or should i bring the temp down further?

They seem content for now, mixing in with the serpaes. Awesome to see those two types of fish in my planted tank!
:fish1:Drew.

amesdrew said:
Today I went to the LFS and picked up 6 golden white clouds! Really neat fish, my serpae actually seem to really like them too.

Anyone have any expirence with these guys? I have a tropical tank and I know white clouds prefer cooler water but the LFS said they can range in temp. thinking about bring the temp down to about 78 degrees would that work for them and my ram? or should i bring the temp down further?

They seem content for now, mixing in with the serpaes. Awesome to see those two types of fish in my planted tank!

They won't live as long in that temp, but they'll be fine.

amesdrew said:

I have 5, they have been in my tank for 6 months at 78 degrees and doing fine.

Good to hear! they scared me last night, i have never had a true top dwelling fish, and they were sleeping last night on the top of the water! i thought they were all dead, but they are all fine. Just working out there spot...

I have a small school of them in a 14g, I've had them over a year at 78f. They are quite social and much better looking than regular white clouds. Good buy IMO.

I thought they were a good buy too. Cheaper than normal whiteclouds too, what do you feed them though? they don't seem to really be interested in the NLS community pellets i feed...

I thought they were a good buy too. Cheaper than normal whiteclouds too, what do you feed them though? they don't seem to really be interested in the NLS community pellets i feed...

I feed mine NLS small fish formula which is 0.5mm which they took to very quickly, I also use NLS flake too.

Back
Top Bottom