golden wonder killie-did i make mistake in buying???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
im usually really good w/researching what i buy before i purchase any fish for my tank, but this one time i didnt, and i hope i didnt make a mistake... 29 gallon tank.... so far i have 8 zebra danios, 3 ghost shrimp,6 peppered cory cats,3 africian dwarf frogs and a bristlenose pleco... last week while at petco w/the kids they had one small golden wonder killie.... i have been looking for a centerpiece/showcase fish for the tank and fell in love w/this little fish....stupid me, jumped the gun and purchaed it.this is not like me as i normally research anything that goes in the tank, but it was the last one and thaught it would be perfect for the tank...lol, from reading now, i guess im wrong...from what im reading this fish is gonna be a big killer in my tank...i can kiss all my danios and shrimp and frogs goodbye....is this true? does anyone have any experience with these fish? he/she has actually become my favorite fish, but i dont want it to clean out my tank.....i am very fond of those danios as i love all the movement.....any info is great.....thanks

Aplocheilus Lineatus can be kept in specialized as well as community tank. If kept in community, one will be careful not to add it to a tank with smaller fish or fish that could be swallowed by them like small Tetras (neon, cardinals…) as they would eat them easily. Other killifish and bigger fish can be kept in the same tank. Aplocheilus Lineatus is sometimes aggressive towards fish of the same species. In captivity it is recommended to keep them in pair. Several pairs should not be kept together if the tank is not large enough as they will become aggressive towards each others. Best to return it or use another tank if you can and get another one for breeding.

Back
Top Bottom