Goldfish and Ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kciolek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some help here...no matter what I do I cannot get the ammonia out of my tank. I have one gold fish in a 20 gallon tank. The gold fish is 6 inches long and probably outgrew the tank I just ordered a Aqua Clear 300 filter but in the mean time what am I doing wrong.

I feed the fish every other day and doing weekly water changes. I did a 50% change last week and today the fish was freaking out and tested the ammoni and was very high so I did another 75% change and the fish is in a separate unfiltered bowl for now. I was told that goldfish give off alot of ammonia and don't know what else to do.

HI there! Noticed you were from Bayonne - I'm over near Morristown - so I thought I'd say hey. Unfortunately I don't have any advice... I'm a newbie and I have one feeder fish in my 36 gallon tank. I haven't had ammonia problems yet, so I don't think I can be of help.

Just wanted to wave at another Jersian. :D Hope someone else has some good suggestions for you :)

Back
Top Bottom