Goldfish and BN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I just wanted to ask, has any1 here ever had problems with a BN in a goldfish tank? (ie attacking the GF or vice versa) I need a bit of algae control and I wanted to purchase an algae eater to assist.

Ever since I put in a sailfin into my GF tank and it started sucking on my now passed away ryukin, I've been very reluctant to put any tankmates with them. Though, the algae problem isn't going well atm that even my goldfish have a go at eating it sometimes ... lol.

Thanks

Yes but the question is about the Goldfish and Pleco together. Since goldfish are slower moving fish, you may have issues with the pleco "latching" onto the goldfish. I would do as Rich suggested and try to find the root of the algae issue.

I was reading 2 threads at one time and got them mixed up. I only have a common pleco in a goldfish tank.

Indirect sunlight, 4 wpg, 10-12 hour sessions, can't mechanically remove all of it and remaining parts will grow again...

The goldfish that is my avatar was tragically and painfully killed by my pleco. It broke my heart. I wouldn't suggest putting a pleco in there.. just because of the damage they can do if they attach themselves to your goldfish (which they will try and do)

I share your pain lyquidphyre. My first post on this threat I also mentioned that my goldfish was killed by a sailfin pleco.

Some people have assured me that BN are fine with goldfish but I wanted to listen to more people as I didn't want a repeat of my ryukin's death.

Back
Top Bottom