goldfish and dwarf frog?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishylvr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my five gallon tank used to have three dwarf frogs, but it was attacked by the cats last night (little buggers finally figured out how to remove the lid - then decided it'd be better to just nock it on the floor) - there was one survivor, but the only tank I had to put him in was my ten gallon that houses my black moore - will he be okay for a week or two until I can buy him his own tank again? (payday is still pretty far away)
are there any precautions i should take?

He should be okay, assuming the black moor is not huge. Give him a decoration or fake plant or something to use as cover. Also make sure he is able to get something to eat before the moor gets it.

Even though your frog would be much happier in warmer water, he should be ok until you can find him a new home.

I would be more worried that your goldfish would think he is a treat and try to gobble him up.

thanks guys, that makes me feel a little better :)
the temp in the tank is about 75 degrees, i find my moore likes it kinda warm, and even though he is about 3" the frog is pretty big too, he's over year old, and probably a little over fed :wink: .

so far the frog has had only one goldie kiss, but he must not have tasted very good, now the goldie is totally indifferent. - frog is still a little in shock, but i formed a better cave with my rocks and added a couple more small plants. now we'll just have to see what happens at dinner dinner time

Ya the frog is fine. In my 5 gal. I used to have two goldfish (black moor and fantail) and two african dwarf frogs. They were fine together.

I had a pair of ADFs in with 3 fancy goldies with no problems for over 2 years. Things in your tank should be fine. Good luck!

I keep 6 ADF's in with 5 rather large egg shaped fancy goldfish. Been set up for around a year. The goldfish show no interest in trying to eat the frogs. And the frogs show no fear of swimming right next to the goldfish.

I don't have any experience in keeping them with "common" goldfish; my understanding is egg shaped goldfish with long twin tails tend to be slower and more peaceful than "common" single tailed varities.

Back
Top Bottom