Goldfish Pleco help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PeachiviousPeac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two fancy goldfish and a pleco (I think he is a common? I don't now for sure as I got him at the pet store) I am a bit new to the fish hobby. I was told they don't get very big and won't harm my fish, but I've read that they can? I am setting up a 55 gallon aquarium soon and want to know if my pleco would be okay with my fancy goldfish or if he will get to big? Also what cleaner fish would be a good pair for fancies in a 55 gallon?

Attachments

• 20180424_152544.jpg
    20180424_152544.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 48
I would take him back. Commons get really big (like over 12 inches) and poop a LOT. You really don't need a cleaner fish tbh, and any cleaner fish you did get will still need fed, and will contribute to the waste build up in your tank. I have a bristlenose pleco, and while they don't get nearly as big as a common, he still has his poop all over the tank 13 years later (he's still kicking btw).

On top of that, goldfish are really messy fish as it is, so you'll have less to deal with without adding the pleco to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom