Gonna paint a tank this weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neat idea! I have never used the textured paint on aquarium glass, but I have used it to paint a stand. It turned out pretty cool. If you have never painted a tank before, just remember to go slow and do light coats. Let each coat dry completely before you add more paint. :)

I going to use acrlic paint like for art paint has no smell.. So I can keep fish in. I decided I a chocolate brown maybe blend in some green

I going to use acrlic paint like for art paint has no smell.. So I can keep fish in. I decided I a chocolate brown maybe blend in some green

I don't understand what you meant by this. You are painting the outside of the tank, right?

It's outside for my tank lol to much work wouldn't know where to put fis and dads tank despite all its room is not an option for fear of ick though its been weeks since he had it ...

Use Plastidip. Works great I tried it after reading about it here on forum. Best part... You don't like it it peels right off. Make different colors blue , green, purple. Like $5 a can at lowes.

Attachments

• image-3820102028.jpg
    image-3820102028.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 61
Use Plastidip. Works great I tried it after reading about it here on forum. Best part... You don't like it it peels right off. Make different colors blue , green, purple. Like $5 a can at lowes.

I wonder is they have chocolate brown color

It's outside for my tank lol to much work wouldn't know where to put fis and dads tank despite all its room is not an option for fear of ick though its been weeks since he had it ...

I don't understand what you mean here.

I wonder is they have chocolate brown color

Probably. I once painted a tank chocolate brown rather than my usual black just to see how it would look. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I guess if you are using the Plastidip stuff (I have never used it, myself) and you don't like it, then no harm no foul.

Because the paint is going behind the glass, you are not going to see the texture. You would have to paint the inside of the glass to see the texture, but i don't believe that particular paint is non toxic for fish.

I don't know, the paint itself is comprised of several different colors... although you won't get the "super textured" effect, you may get some interesting color variations.

Last edited:
I've actually seen someone use the rustoleum "Stoney" color spray to Mimic substrate and it came out pretty cool. You can use it inside as long as you seal it off good with krylon clear and I mean GOOD.

I decided to paint my wrapping paper so I can take it on and off easy and to see how I like it

Back
Top Bottom