Good cannister for 55 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a huge fan of the API Filstars - Really Easy to Prime and start - super quiet - easy to clean - large media baskets for custom media. For a 55 gallon I believe the XP M would be the one.

Eheim also makes some great filters, you might want to look at the 2215 and 2217 both are pretty popular.

A friend of mine recently picked up a Hydor 350 and it is very nice, she is well pleased - check out the reviews.

Actually I do have angels. 2 platinum's, 2 tiger veils, 2 black marbles....all juniors. Bout silver dollar size so I would need a good one that will clean well and not blow my fish but yet keep good circulation.

I have have angels. 2 platinum's, 2 tiger veils, 2 black marbles....all juniors. Bout silver dollar size so I would need a good one that will clean well and not blow my fish but yet keep good circulation. Anything come to your mind?

I have the fluval 306 and I love it! First canister filter I've ever owned!

How is the flow. I have angels. 2 platinum's, 2 tiger veils, 2 black marbles....all juniors. Bout silver dollar size so I would need a good one that will clean well and not blow my fish but yet keep good circulation.

How is the flow. I have angels. 2 platinum's, 2 tiger veils, 2 black marbles....all juniors. Bout silver dollar size so I would need a good one that will clean well and not blow my fish but yet keep good circulation.

I have a 406 on my 46 gallon angel tank just no nozzle on the output, just point the output straight down, I had a nozzle on it trying to cause surface agitation but he flow was too strong for them and they got stressed out

I have a 406 on my 46 gallon angel tank just no nozzle on the output, just point the output straight down, I had a nozzle on it trying to cause surface agitation but he flow was too strong for them and they got stressed out

How does it work with nozzle pointed straight down? Diffuse the the flow current any?

Well it makes the flow from the output not as concentrated so it's easier for the angels to deal with

Just make sure you have an air stone cause the output will no longer be able to create the surface agitation that you need for gas exchange

Back
Top Bottom