Good combinations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corydoras4Ever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody,

Currently I have 5 corydoras in my 20G tank and I was wondering if the following species would make a good combination:

1. Corydoras along with shrimp;

2. Corydoras along with Betta's;

I would really like to put some kind of crab in there, native to South America, but does such a crab exist? I have heard from others that crab and corydoras do not go together well.

I would not add a crab to that tank. A betta may work, but sometimes bettas don't like it when cories zip up to the surface of the water. Shrimp are also bottom dwellers, it looks like you need something at the top of the tank!

I agree you need fish for the top half of the tank.

1) Shrimp and corys do mix well together. I have that combo in my 20G.

2) Betta should do ok with corys.

I would stay away from crabs because they may pick at and hurt the corys.

they do. i went to this store once and it had a prawn in with the corys and one lost its tail :(

I think a crab would be better than alot of shrimp species. A female fiddler crab has very small claws, and move too slow to catch fish, even a betta. If you do decide to get a crab, you have to make sure that there is a place for it to climb out of the water, or else it'll die in a week.

-J

"I think a crab would be better than alot of shrimp species. A female fiddler crab has very small claws, and move too slow to catch fish, even a betta."

If a crab gets the chance, most of them will nab a fish. I have seen fish get killed by a crab with only one small claw.

I got myself 4 Ghost Shrimp; one of them is actually carrying eggs.

The corys don't seem to be aggressive towards them; the shrimp actually stand their ground when fighting over some wafers.

ive never seen corys agressive ever. if their attacked mine just run away. their fine now. nothing to chase them. and ghost shrimp agressive towards corys. this i gotta see

Back
Top Bottom