Good fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 75 gallon tank with a 3 inch oscar. Im wondering could I put some type of catfish with him I dont want a pleco because they are dirty but what about a small catfish?

thanks

You could do a few pictus catfish or maybe a striped Raphael. Do you have anything else in the tank?

No its just the oscar. Thats why im looking for another fish. But I like the striped raphael.

Striped Raphael are kind of anti social but one of my favorite smaller catfish.

Yea thats what I was worried about, I want a more social catfish, I like cory catfish but I know they will get torn up by the oscsr

Go with 3 pictus catfish then. They are highly active and a lot of fun to watch.

Are they big on waste? I like them but im afraid the oscar will get poked to death by their thornes.

They are not the worse when it comes to bioload. They are no where near to what say a pleco is but every decent sized fish is going to have a bioload. As got their find every catfish that you could put in with you O without getting killed by him is more than likely going to have some nasty fins. It is a method if self defense. If your O tries to go after them he will learn his lesson quick and leave them alone.

I just looked them up and I LOVE them. They are very fun too watch like you said. I think ill get 3. Thank you so much for your help

Attachments

• Pimelodus_pictus.jpg
    Pimelodus_pictus.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom