Good fish to put with a betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChibiRedPanda

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would like to get another fish to put in with my betta. (i promise I am getting a bigger tank first) What kind of fish could I put in with my betta?

Males are iffy... It really depends on the temperment of the male first. I would suggest having him set up in his own tank for awhile to get a feel for his personality. If he isn;t too aggressive, then I would consider other fish to put him with. But, really most fish will be attracted to nip his fins.

Yea, that's not big enough for anything else. Some may say even for him. I prefer keeping my bettas in 5g, at the smallest. But, that's just me.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Yea, that's not big enough for anything else. Some may say even for him. I prefer keeping my bettas in 5g, at the smallest. But, that's just me.

Yeah, I was gonna get a 5g tank from a friend.

Shrimp might not be too good of an idea. I get my pearl fighter ghost shrimp as a treat and my other betta just rips them to pieces, hence why he doesn;t get any. I'm sure anything smaller would be a worse case.

Try getting just one and see what happens.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Shrimp might not be too good of an idea. I get my pearl fighter ghost shrimp as a treat and my other betta just rips them to pieces, hence why he doesn;t get any. I'm sure anything smaller would be a worse case.

Try getting just one and see what happens.

Oh, ok. I see. Thanks for the advice!

I have 3 bettas in 3 different tank with ghost shrimps and they're doing prefectly fine.

neon tetras, a lot depends on the tempermant of the betta

Back
Top Bottom