Good fliter for a little 2.5 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossco

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone I just got a another betta from super pet and only have a spare 2.5 gallon tank from him! ( figured he'd like that better then a cup for now ). I got a little heater but want to put in a little fliter as well. Do they even make filters for tanks this small?

Yeah they do, I see them at large grocery stores like wal mart. If you are feeling industrious you can try making your own bubble filter out of any decent sized cylindrical piece of plastic I used PVC and pop bottles for some breeder tanks. If you want to spend the extra money there are some nice mini sponge filters you can find online that would probably function better than the other options.

Hey everyone I just got a another betta from super pet and only have a spare 2.5 gallon tank from him! ( figured he'd like that better then a cup for now ). I got a little heater but want to put in a little fliter as well. Do they even make filters for tanks this small?

image-183648180.jpg

My friend I offer u this my girl has a betta that we have kept for a few months now and it's in a 2.5 gal tank long story short you buy a cheap 10 gal filter then cut the fan propeller blades just a tiny bit and they all have to be even the more u cut the less the suction so be careful :) it works awesomely tho iv done it twice trust me

View attachment 166880

My friend I offer u this my girl has a betta that we have kept for a few months now and it's in a 2.5 gal tank long story short you buy a cheap 10 gal filter then cut the fan propeller blades just a tiny bit and they all have to be even the more u cut the less the suction so be careful :) it works awesomely tho iv done it twice trust me

Wow that's a good idea. Id have never thought of doing that

Personally, I would go without a filter, and just do 1/4 water change every other day. IME, in smaller tanks, there has been too much current for my bettas.

Back
Top Bottom