Good Job PetCo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My petco does things like that! Very very happy to see this and hope to see it spread!

I have to say one of mine isnt quite the same :( About half a year ago they had two koi someone brought in for addoption in a tank that size. Also, more recently they had a 1.5ft pleco in their plants tanks (id guess its a 40b-55) finally, they had 4 large (6inch) jack dempseys in one if those tanks. :'( on the other hand they have dedicated tanks to things like a breeding pair of kribs, apisto fry, and similar.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Right, well.. its a fish store. They have a limited amount of space and, ideally, the fish dont stay too long. I was more wanting to point out the effort that this particular store made to educate folks before they buy a goldfish.

I went to One in Atlanta the other day and they had a pair of angels with like 60 fry in a tank that said not for sale, spending time with Mom/Dad!

That would be a site. Our petco has those tank notes, I'm not so sure it is policy as much as it is informed employees wanting to do better for fish and people, I could be wrong though

The Petco I go to in central NJ does stuff like that, very experienced staff, nice fish collection as well, where other Petco's in the area are a disappointment. Go figure!

Honestly my local petco is terrible when it comes to fish :/ but I really think it depends on the location because I have heard about great ones in other cities

Back
Top Bottom