Good LFS in Seattle/Ballard area Washington state?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Berserkr

Aquarium Advice Regular
The only LFS I know of that's even halfway decent, and I still am a bit put off by them is Midway Pets in Federal Way, a good 40+ min drive. I was hoping someone from the area might know a closer one, that might even be better.

I am in the Tacoma area and I can tell you, Midway is about the best you're going to get for selection.
I have been going to that place since I was a kid so 20+ yrs. I went last month for the first time in years and I was surprised at how much it had changed. They did have the coolest snake I have seen there, but I digress.
I have looked high and low at most fish stores around and unless a new one has popped up, the advice to find forums is going to be your best.

What was your experience there, just out of curiosity? PM me if you want.

I'm in Puyallup, and there are a couple fish stores I'd like to make a trip to in seattle, but if you get the chance to go to "Liem's Aquarium and Bird Shop" on Maynard Alley in Seattle (international district) you can find some really nice fish at good prices. His stock changes about every week, and it's really quite interesting. If you're claustraphobic, I might not recommend going, though....google it! I do like Midway's selection, and have been pretty happy with the fish I've purchased.

Back
Top Bottom