Good medium-size fish for my 40 gallon community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my 40 gallon has finished cycling. I have 5 danios, 6 neons, 1 german ram, 2 platys, a guppy and 3 cories. I'm getting close to the limit and I realized all of the fish are fairly small and looking at the tank from far away doesn't appeal to me. I want a fish that's at least 2-2.5 inches big that will stand out in the crowd, especially because I am planning to plant my tank heavily. There are blue, dwarf and honey gouramis at my petco right now which I am considering. Could cichlids work? Just wondering? I will take any suggestions.

I'd look for a pearl gourami and also up all of the schools you have.

He guy at Petco said if I get a dwarf gourami, it will eat all ye danios and tetras. Is that even true?

The neons are fairly big they reached their maximum size. Should I go with it or no? Either way I need an adjustable temp. heater for my 10 gallon so I will be making a stop at Petco today

Yeah I already have a blue ram will teh fight with gourami

Cool also I'm gonna double up on rams this weekend I want them to breed I have one already should I get like 2 or 3 more or an even breeding pair? The thing is I can't sex them :p

Sexing is pretty easy. Females have a pink curcl on their stomach CID say adding 1 ram, 1 dwarf gourami, and Mabye a bn pleco

With females you will see some blue within the black blotch on their flanks, in addition to the pinkish belly mentioned above. The pink belly is really pronounced in breeding regalia. Furthermore, but not as reliable, the male will have a longer second and third spine on their dorsal fin.

David

Thanks. Today I'm going to get he dwarf gourami and tomorrow the rams

Back
Top Bottom