Good Online Retailers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redwhiptailplec

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if anyone had any positive experiences with online retailers? I have been very happy with my only online purchase, but I would like to see a few more recommended online reatailers...I just love browsing for fishes. And who knows if I find something I must have, I can always get another tank..... :D

The Online store I have used was www.liveaquaria.com.

I often browse on www.aquariumfish.net never bought from them so.

for hardware, Ive used bigals, drsfosterandsmith, and ahsupply for lighting. never had a problem. i've ordered plants from flordiadriftwood and had a good result

Oh I guess I should have really specified...I am really after companies that will ship live fish. I have been pleased with the one time I used them but would like a larger selection.

I just found this amazing site called www.belowwater.com, not sure if they are still in business, but they have some amazing fish pictures from fish finding expeditions.

They have a picture of a gigantic Angelfish which was over a foot long!!! And pics of humungeous plecos....I need some of those Angelfish for my dream tank!

redwhiptailplec said:
I just found this amazing site called www.belowwater.com, not sure if they are still in business, but they have some amazing fish pictures from fish finding expeditions.

Oliver, an acquaintance of mine, is very much still in business, and still brininging in some amazing stuff. In fact, some friends of mine (and possibly myself, if I can swing the time) will be joining Oliver on a collecting trip that he is leading to Manaus (and environs) to 2-4 weeks this November.

hrm, ive purchased from just about every site..

lights - hellolights.com
fish - liveaquaria.com / saltwaterfish.com
other - bigals
lr - www.oceanproaquatics.com

all of them are great sites, opa has the cheapest lr i've seen and its great and full of life. hellolights has nice cheap lights with fast shipping, liveaquaria is very helpful

thanew said:
hrm, ive purchased from just about every site..

lights - hellolights.com
fish - liveaquaria.com / saltwaterfish.com
other - bigals
lr - www.oceanproaquatics.com

all of them are great sites, opa has the cheapest lr i've seen and its great and full of life. hellolights has nice cheap lights with fast shipping, liveaquaria is very helpful

OPA online shop does not work.

I have never ordered from that fishplace.com but I live 20 minutes away from there Lancaster Pa warehouse. I've been there many a time and bought most of my fish from there. They have a great fishroom with super clean tanks and have several on staff biologists. They have a large selection of fw and sw fishes , LR and FW plants. And they always stand by there return guaranty. So I would definitely order from them. I am just lucky and live near them. HTH :D

www.bigalsonline.com
www.foryourfish.com
www.petsolutions.com
www.liveaquaria.com
www.ebay.com
I search these first and they are my preferred sources, but I often shop a wide range when looking for anything over $50.
Most online retailers are legit and have good business ethics, but there are a few less than desirable bad apples.
We use other on-line retailers, its generally whoever has the best combination in price & shipping fees, but we also look closely beforehand at customer reviews, terms of sale, available contact info (never buy from a retailer who doesn't have contact info other than website and E-Mail, verifiable address and PH# is a must!) and whether or not their local Better Business Bureau has any hits on'em.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware!

Back
Top Bottom