Good replacement for Cardinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes that is true, I keep forgetting that for some reason. I guess because I had my angels feast on some neons. There are several tetras that would be good, serpae's can be a bit nippy though. I had the serpaes in the the angels and no problem but then I put them with some other types of tetras in a 15 gal. I really like the rummynose tetras but can't find any around here. They may still be a target for your angels.

check out emperor tetras also, they grow a bit bigger and won't get eaten. I also have black neons that weren't bothered by my juvie angel.

I'd say rummy noses, emperor tetras or pencil fish I have Cardinals, Rummy Noses and Beckford's pencil fish in with a couple of small angels now. It is a good combination in my tank.

Cardinals get larger than neons, and I always thought that they would be fine with angels. Glowlight, pristella, flame, black skirt, etc. would work, and as far as I know the rummynose would be fine as well. Keep in mind that rummynose swim almost exclusively in the bottom half of the tank, so if your corys provide you with enough activity at the bottom of your tank you may want to choose a different species. They are very tight schoolers though, and very interesting to watch.

Emperors, Black Widows, Rummynoses, Ulreyi, all larger tertas that make nice shoals. Are you stuck on tetras? Harlequin rasboras are quite pretty too.

I love black skirts. Get to be nice sizes(bout 2-3") and their shape compliments angels nicely. Some say they can be nippy but I have never seen mine nip at anything.

Back
Top Bottom