Good stock list for a 46 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally saved up the cash to buy the 46 gallon bowfront Ive had my eye on for awhile... Its still going to be a couple of weeks before I even manage to get water in it. Im having to buy piece by piece cause Im broke, lol.

Ill be getting an Aqua Clear 40-70 filter, a Aqueon pro 150 heater, a T5 fixture, and eco-complete for substrate. Decorations will be natural stone and driftwood.

I was just wondering what you guys think about this stock list... How many cardinals, tetras, and rasporas can I get away with?

Plants:
Dwarf Sag
Anubias
Java Fern
Rotala roundifolia
Wisteria
Jungle Val
Italian Val

Fish:
2-4 Bolivian Rams (depends on if I can get a good mix of males and females)
6-8 Harlequin Raspora
6-8 Cardinal Tetra
6-8 Bloodfin Tetra
3-5 Corys Cats OR BN Pleco
Ghost Shrimp

That look like great stock for a 46g. I think you would be ok with 6 of each of those schoolers. You can always add more later if you feel it necessary, but its good to start with small school IMO. Its easier to add fish than to re-home fish. :)
I would be careful about the mix of rams and corys depending on the genders. I think 2 breeding pairs of rams along with 5 cories might be too stressful. I think if you get breeding rams, then a bnp would be better. But, if you just have 1 pair, then some corys would probaly be ok.

Back
Top Bottom