Good tankmates for R.Harlequin and C.Pygmy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whale

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there!

Hope you are having a great day.
I know I am, because I've upgraded my tank and get to have the happy dilemma of choosing what fish to get :mrgreen:

So I have a 180L tank with 12 Harlequin Rasboras and 9 Pygmy Cories.

I want to know your thoughts about compatibility with fish. To get the definite no-nos out of the way so I can clearly see my choices.

My LFS stock angels, barbs, catfish, corydoras, gourami, guppies, loaches, patys, mollys, rasbora, cichlids (yellow, balloon, bolivian, kribensis), sharks, swordtails and tetras.

How would Kribensis do in this community?:fish2:
Before you jump on me and say how aggressive they are when breeding, what if I only got female Kribensis?

Any experiences with various fish combos, situations I appreciate all input, thank you!

-Whale

I really like pearl gourami, had a boy a few years back and he was beautiful and peaceful.
I kept kribensis about 5 years ago and had male which run riot round my tank so I had to re home him. Females I'm not sure someone on here will have better experience with these guy's.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

I'd be a little concerned Angels might try to eat the rasboras if they're too small, but a trio of Pearl Gouramis (1m, 2f) would look very nice. With a tank that size (~45g US), I might consider more pygmy cories and/or rasboras, too for a really nice school.

Peacock gudgeons would be sweet!

Be careful what you choose because Pygmy cories are small enough to get eaten by a lot of fish.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Does anyone have experience with keeping only female Kirbensis?

Back
Top Bottom