good website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really depends on the fish that you are looking for. If you are looking for African Cichlids then I would try www.armkes.com
I have not ordered from them because I am close enough to drive there and pick them out. But I have bought from them and they have great quality fish.

Not wanting to hijack, I'm also looking for a site with a variety of plecos; aside from Aquabid.com. My LFS charges quite a bit for a special order, on top of their already high prices.

im not looking for cichlids but i do want some exotic looking fish that at least grow to like 5 or 6 inches long

im looking for a fish mail order site too. 8)

The only problem is im in the UK. :cry:

Can anyone help?

Nothing personal against Aquabid. I've been stiffed way too many times on E-bay so I'm always skeptical about ANY auction/bid site. I prefer up-front prices from a dedicated seller. I know, I know: some (most?) AquaBid sellers have dedicated web pages... and I've looked at them.

I have had great success on ebay and Aquabid, though I know I am fortunate. I think in many cases if you find a seller on these auction sites that has a good reputation with loads of positive feedback, then you are safe, and you can get exactly what you want from a reputable breeder. Armkes is a great example - they are one of the most well respected African cichlid dealers in the US, and they will have auctions on Aquabid.

The best thing to do is to narrow it down to a particular fish, find a dealer on Aquabid or ebay that has a nice long history of positive feedback, post here to find others who have dealt with this particular seller, and get your fish from them.

If you know what kind of fish you are looking for specifically we could direct you to sellers that we have dealt with, so post back and we can guide you.

I have kind of hijacked this thread and I apologize.

I am looking for a pleco: bristlenose, clown, pitbull, or queen arabesque.

Back
Top Bottom