Gorilla Glue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drake

Aquarium Advice Freak
I accidently broke a new rock that I got. And it is a nice one. I was wondering if anyone has used Gorilla Glue to glue rocks back together. It is 100% waterproof but I'm not sure if its safe for fish. I heard its supposed to be some of the most toughest glue in the world.

Thanks

I have heard of gorilla glue, but I thought it was for wood. I guess that doesn't mean it wouldn't work on rock. I don't know if it is toxic to fish. I would probably use epoxy and wait for the smell to go away before putting it in the tank. :D

I have used gorilla glue for lots of things, but never an in tank item. It is one of the strongest glues I have seen. Mostly I have used it for plastic. I broke the plastic wings that hold the bulb in my flourescent light. Gorilla glued it, works great.

I bet it would in fact hold the rock together, but I am not sure if it is rock safe. I would look to something with a proven track record like superglue.

Back
Top Bottom