Got a free fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peyton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Went to the LFS friday and traded in a bunch of plant clippings for some cherry shrimp and a couple of bunches of rotala magenta. Anyway I get home, reach into the bag to pull out the rotala and something moves! I'm like 8O . So I look closer and there is a bumblebee catfish among the plant stems! I have no idea how he lived as it was a good 2 hrs he went with just enough water to keep him wet. I mean maybe 20ml at best. Anyway I just drop him in my 40gal, I seen no reason to acclimate him. Never had that happen before. I plan on taking him back next week as I really don't want him though.

Just thought I would share.

Im surprised the little guy made it. Maybe you should keep him and name him Lucky, the cat with 9 lives.

I love those nice little finds. I have gotten 2 fish for basically free now that were supposed to be sold otherwise, both with neon tetras. I also got Colombian ramshorns free once, made a good trade for something I actually wanted.

I've got a striped rafael catfish that likes to wedge himself behind stuff in my 150 gal.

Last time I did a major water change he was stuck behind my inlet tube for the xP3. He was out of the water for a good 40 minutes before I noticed him..heh...I promptly put him back in the water... he swam around for a bit, then just went to find another hiding spot...heh heh...Catfish are very resilient.

Back
Top Bottom