Got a new 5 gallon hex...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hrafnkel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently houses my male betta, who is greatly appreciating it from what I can tell. :D Anything else I could potentially put in it?

Yay for betta!
Hmm.. If he gets along with ADFS you might be able to put one in there.

Im not too sure, they might produce too much waste. then again maybe not. No clue.
Ghost shrimp, ofcourse, but My betta disliked ghostshrimps.. and err. ate them all

Heh. My betta hasn't ever met a ghost shrimp, but he doesn't mind snails. I didn't realize snails produced any real noticeable amount of waste.

I've had mine with ghost shrimp and snails and he never bothered either. But as Fluff pointed out, it varies with each Betta. Hers like to snack on shrimp whereas mine thought they were his friends. :D

I'll look into the shrimp, I know for sure mine doesn't mind snails, though. >.> I remember seeing someone on here with a few panda cories in their 5 gallon with a betta, s'that alright?

I have three cories with my betta. They do very well together. Now, that same betta with an ADF... lets just say I found him one day pushing a poor ADF back and forth across the tank :?

Heh. My betta has lived with cories before so I think he'd be fine with them. I'd rather get fish than an ADF, I think. I'm assuming panda cories would work just as well as bronze ones, I'm wanting to get a bit of a different variety.

I agree. :lol: S'why I want some, and 'cause I have the usual aeneus cories in my 10, and don't care much for the albino ones.

See if you can find schwartzi corys - very nice, and they max out at about 1.5 inches...

Kinda cool looking. I think I'd rather have the pandas, though, 'cause I want some that are interesting but won't take attention from the centerpiece fish.

i like snails.. go with the snails..and while your at it add some lowlight plants!!!

Already have a snail (black mystery) in my 10... But if I find another kind that strikes my interest, I'll get one. Not big on live plants, not right now anyway.

yeah but you don't even need special lighting for Java Moss and Java Fern, it will grow under anything. I had Java Moss and Java Fern in my little 1gallon with 1 betta and some MTS.

Back
Top Bottom