Got a new COOL EEL, now how do i feed it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHBowhunter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i got a new really cool tire track eel, i plan on feeding him frozen brine shrimp, the only problem is i have an agressive blue gill and im worried he will eat up all the eel food. any solutions?

I honestly don't know, I had a peacock eel that wouldn't eat anything, I never saw him eat aynways and I keep rather close watch of him.

Best bet is to go back to the LFS and ask them what THEY fed the eel, then ask htem to feed what eels they have left so you know they do eat it.

My peacock eel would eat chopped earthworms. They are supposed to sometimes eat freezedried tubifex but mine never did touch it.

It was only one time, so I keep forgetting it..

but my guy did, ONCE, swim up to the top of the tank to eat some from a tubifex cube

NO im sorry i need to be more clear.

im assuming that the eel will eat the problem i forsee is that my bluegill will eat all the eel food before the eel can get to it, any suggestions on how to keep the gill away from the brine?

I too have bluegills in one of my tanks, one more aggressive then the rest. I feed the aggressive one first until he is full then wait like 20 minutes and feed the rest. Usually with this scenario the more aggressive gillie has no interest in eating or is the less aggressive fish during the second feeding. This may work with the eel as well.

Back
Top Bottom