Got a Pleco in My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyLuva

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey I got a pleco and her name is Rain. I got one because I didnt really feel like scrubbing off the algea on the walls. Since its my first time having one it would be great if I can get sum facts from anyone. I heard they can be agrssive and cann grow to be 2 feet long is that true?
I would appreciate facts from anyone.

~>Myni<~

24" is the about as big as they can get. I feed mine alage wafers but I do not have alage growing on my walls. My pleco does not seem to be aggressive just make sure you have somewhere for him to go under when the Aquarium light is on they are a nocternal fish. I bought mine this summer towards the end and he was about 1 inch or so and now he is about 7 inches so make sure you have enough space for them 50 to 120 gallons should suffice depending on how big she is or gets

They also love fresh veggies. zucchini, squash, i'm sure there is more. maybe things like collard greens, kale things of that variety but i haven't tried

I have a common sailfin he is @12" long. A dozen cory cats swarm around him and eat his algae wafers. He sucked one tiny one up and spit it out but I think that it just got in his way, he's so big. he doesnt go after the others, he pretty much ignores them. he does like to wallow in the sand every night and make big pits and sand heaps. lol I don't see him being aggressive at all to the little fish. They like carrots. scrape off the peel so its rough andd leave it in the tank, they will munch on it.

zomg nyquil, my pleco does the exact same thing!!! my corries go right after the wafers and then out comes my cataterfish (his name) and accedently sucks on the corries then kinda shakes him off and grabs his wafers :p

Well Im not sure wat kind pleco are cuz the tag only sad plecostamus(dont remember how to spell it)

Back
Top Bottom