Got my Canister Filter, but worried...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follicle

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I finally got my Eheim Classic 2215 Canister Filter today. It was kind of a hassle to setup, but then again I get frustrated really easy. The instructions didn't help much, but I found a blog that details how to put it together piece by piece. When I went to prime it, I spilled a lot of water all over my laminate flooring, so that was fun. In any case, it's installed and running. Man, is it quiet!

Anyways, back to worrying. I have a few questions:

1) I'm not sure if this is standard for canister filters or not, but a lot of the hard plastic tubing that goes in the tank (i.e. the spray-bar) is connected to a long rubber tube. They're connected by aggressively inserting the hard plastic tube into the rubber tube. It seems like it's connected well and sturdy, but do you think this is safe? I'm just afraid that one day while I'm away at work, the tube will disconnect and water will spill all over the place. I tapped these connections up really well with electrical tape just as a safety measure. Do you think that will work or am I being paranoid?

2) At first, the water from the spray-bar was shooting out like crazy. I didn't really know what to do, so I slowly turned one of the adjustment valves on the output tube until the spray slowed down a bit. Is this the correct way to do this?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this forum's help as proved to be invaluable! Thanks.

1 yes they will hold.
2 you want it to shoot you if the flow is too much angle it at the glass to help stop the flow.

one of hte reasons i went with the xp canister filters because they had the quick release.

Back
Top Bottom