Got my halfbeaks today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow, these are such cool fish! I got one of each color (Bob's Tropical Plants and Fish). I had one DOA, but the box looked like it had been banged around quite a bit. The two survivors are so neat! I got one of the gold and brown colored ones, and a silver-white one! Didn't expect that! They are VERY hard to take pics of, as you can imagine. I did the best I could. For some reason, the white one doesn't appear white in this pic.

014.jpg

Sweet fish!!! Hate to ask a question here, but do you think two would do fine in a 16 gallon with a GBR, and 6 Cories?

Nils

Thanks guys. I have no idea if I'll even be able to keep them alive! Hopefully they will eat tomorrow when I turn the lights on again. Nils, sounds as if you're pretty well stocked right now. I don't think I'd try to get two halfbeaks in a 16 gal. with what you have unless the cories are dwarves. (Less than 2" at maturity). Also, (correct me someone if I'm wrong) I've read it's best to have one male to two female halfbeaks, and that would mean you'd have to get three. I'm going to get another one since I now only have a male and single female. Not saying you can't do it, as I doubt halfbeaks have much of a bioload, considering they are so skinny, but can someone else chime in about this?

Back
Top Bottom