got new plecos from live aquaria today! (blue water?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
my bristle nose plecos came today! i had to work overtime so my mom came home so they wouldn't have to sit outside in the hot sun (whoooo it was warm over here today!)

for any of you who have ordered from live aquaria.com before, do you know what this blue water is? i'm just curious...i'm about to go to their website and see if it has any explanation of this

if the water was blue, it is because of a destresser they put into the water to ease the stress of shipping on the fish. Nothing to worry about that I know of

yeah that's what i figured it was. these little guys are so cool! the regular bristlenose is about 3 inches but i also got an orange bristle nose and it's like the size of an otocinclus! i couldn't even tell there was a fish in the bag at first! lol

I agree with Jarred Darque it's a destresser, i've seen it alot here in Australia with importers, local and international....

methylene blue, isn't it? Nothing to worry about, and I'd love to see pics of your plecos.

severum mama said:
methylene blue, isn't it?

Yes, I'm not the best speller ;)

But methylene blue has been a common shipping med. for ages.. Back when I was first looking into shipping fish about fifteen years ago methylene blue was one of the suggested meds to use to ship your fish.

Back
Top Bottom