Gourami Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcor

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, just need a little advice. Bought two opaline gourami yesterday and I must say, they are masters of hiding as I've barely caught a glimpse of either of them since releasing them into the tank. I haven't been able to tempt them out with food. What can I try to feed them with while they acclimatise, since flake food etc gets gobbled by the danios and platys in mere seconds? It's a 250ltr tank, water quality is excellent, temp is 24c, heavily planted and lots of driftwood and hiding places. Will they eventually take their place as feature fish, or will they always only offer the merest glimpse of themselves? They do come out when we're not in the room but its a high traffic area.

Once they acclimate they should come out a lot more, i know my Dwarf gourami has.

As for feeding them? not sure about Opaline Gourami but I had luck with algae wafers of all things. but at 24 hours I wouldn't worry all to much. If you have algae wafers try them if not give the fish another few days to calm down before you go buy more stuff

Thank you very much for your response. I shall try the algae wafers for sure.

I know when I first got mine they liked to hide a lot. They started venturing out after a few days. I would not worry about feeding right now unless it takes a few days, if so get something that sinks quickly.

Thanks to you both. I managed to get food to them this evening and that got them feeling a little bolder. Sat and watched them swim around a fair bit. Still take off like a shot if I move but I see that my initial fears were unfounded.

Yes, very much so. :)

Attachments

• image-3186531825.jpg
    image-3186531825.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image-978660415.jpg
    image-978660415.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 53
Sorry, didnt mean to attach that second photo!

Back
Top Bottom